Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2010

How to know where I am.

Many people have been asking how are they going to know where I am. I will have my cell phone as well as a SPOT unit with me. I have a link set up under "Where is Brian" which allows for you to track me via Google maps. If you can't figure that out then, then just click HERE. If all works correctly and assuming batteries will last (I will purchase more as I go), I will leave the unit on "tracking" which sends out an update every 10 minutes. I have been testing it out when driving as well as when walking around training. So far it has worked very well. Feel free to go ahead and check it out. I have it set to keep the last 14 days. I would love to track the whole thing, but it will not allow for me to do that.

Once I get hiking, you can use that as well as my posts to gauge where I am. If you want to meet up then send me a comment, email, phone call, etc. I will respond when I can. Based on where I am and when you want to meet, I will try to do every thing to figure out a day and place. This can be to meet me for a few days, a day hike, picking me up to take me in to a town to resupply, just grab lunch or dinner, stop at tourist trap and look at the views, etc. I really don't care as long as you meet me. The more the merrier.

If I haven't left yet, then just let me know when you would like to meet up, and we can go ahead and talk about it.

3 comments:

  1. As of now, I am just going to stop in towns and not do mail drops. You can always mail me something as long as you mail it ahead and let me know it is coming. I like gifts...assuming it is practical for hiking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got it. Boxes of moleskin, power bars, and body glide coming your way.

    ReplyDelete