Search This Blog

Sunday, August 1, 2010

July 28 - 14.9 / 1,922.6

I forgot to make notes for this day. Now I am trying to go back and type up the blog, but I don't remember too much about the day at all. For some reason, I think this was the day that first the first time the entire trip I was ready to go home. Not that I am ready to be out of a tent or out of the woods, more just ready to see friends and family. It is going to be an adjustment going back to the "real" world. I hope it isn't too much of a shocker.

The day ended near a pretty sweet waterfall and gorge. I bet the waterfall was at least one hundred feet down. We stood at the top looking down. I could hear people down below, but I was never able to see them. Shortly before we got to the road, Sonic called the hostel in town. They agreed to come pick us up at the trailhead at 5. It was a good thing he got a hold of them because the road was pretty remote and known for not really having cars pass by. As we arrived to the road, a van was approaching. Riverdog mad a comment on how nice it would be if that was our ride. Well it turned out to be. Perfect. A man got out, poured a glass a lemonade for us, and handed it to us. It was the best lemonade I have ever drank. We them piled in and took off to Andover. The town was about 8 miles away and tiny. As we arrived, our driver pointed out that the center of town was the next stop sign. Yes, this town was only big enough for one four way stop.

We dropped our stuff off at the hostel, Pine Ellis Lodge. The caretaker showed us around and even showed us the jewelry he makes. All of it was made out of moose poop. I'm not sure how serious he was about it, but he seemed real about it. It was humorous as he always input s$@# in his sentences. Afterwards, RD, Sonic, Sam, and I headed to the general store for food. It took the ladies forever to take our order and even longer to prepare it all. Sonic won the award as he ordered three full meals and two apps.

I also resupplied at the general store. I think it was the most expensive yet. It was around $40 for 1.5 days. I did buy some gatorade and Ben & Jerrys though. This time I went with Pistachio Pistachio. It was good but too much of the same taste in every bite. I wasn't able to finish it. I got about 3/4 done.

Hollywood was also at the hostel. I am mainly putting this in just for my memory. Hollywood does "big miles."

No comments:

Post a Comment