Search This Blog

Sunday, August 1, 2010

July 27 - 14.7 / 1,907.7

I think my hunger has gotten out of control. I feel hungry for the entire day. The sad thing is that I am eating more food and actually eating everything I have packed out from the last town. Before now, I would roll into a town with lots of extra food.

I made it into Maine today, the final state of my journey. Maine is known for being tough with rocks, roots, and mud. I'm ready for it though.

For lunch, I cooked. I think this might have been the first time the whole trip. I wasn't planning on cooking, but Samurai wanted to use my stove to cook something. Therefore, I instantly made the decision to cook also. I went with some mash potatoes and tuna. There were a few camp groups at the shelter too. It was a scene to see them interacting with eat other.

Sonic and Riverdog caught up with while we were taking a break. They stayed a little longer while Samurai, Felo, and I headed toward Mahoosuc Notch and Mahoosuc Arm. Mahoosuc Notch is known as the "toughest mile on the trail." It wasn't tough. It just takes time to go through as it is large boulders. It was actually quite fun. I think it took me around 70 minutes to make it through the notch. I kept looking for the moose which once got trapped down there and died, but I did not see anything. I've heard there are just a few bones left. We climbed the Arm next. It was a pretty tough climb. I was the last to make it up to the top.

The campsite was crowded. Samurai and I shared a tent pad. I can't stand tent pads. They are wooden platforms and almost impossible to set a tent up on. I did meet a flip flopper who I had met at the REI clinic before I started.

No comments:

Post a Comment